Whatever your reason for choosing a human hair wig, be it for trending hair fashion or hair loss due to medical reasons or wanting to disguise thinning hair, you may wish to style your wig yourself.
Unlike your natural hair, hair in a human hair wig is unable to absorb the natural oils and nutrients from your scalp, and therefore they aren’t as strong as the hairs on your head. Plus, because hairs in a wig each single hair is fully hand -tied to the net and weaved, they’re easily loosed from the rest of the wig if the wig is styled in correctly or put under intense pulling pressure, which is why we’ve put together a guide to styling your wig in a way that maintains its condition for as long as possible.
“Just like Cashmere , Great Quality Human hair extensions requires gentle good nourishing care .
1. Know what type of hair you’re working with. For example, European hair works better for curls and texture; and Asian hair is much more suited to straighter styles;
2. If you don’t want to use heated styling tools, the best time to style your wig is when it is still wet after washing in low heat as possible.
3. Use hair rollers while the wig is still damp;
4. If you do opt to use heated styling tools, make sure the hair is completely dry beforehand;
5. When washing and drying the hair, use a detangling comb to comb the hair;
6. Don’t forget to condition the hair to prevent tangling. If the hair feels particularly dry, you may want to use a hydrating mask.
7. Use a wig stand to make styling much easier, and when washing the hair remember the gentler, the better;
8. Avoid combing or styling the roots or base of the wig;
9. Use some of the many wig styling tools available, such as a styling head;
10. Use a boar bristle brush for the best finish;
11. Use styling products that are formulated specifically for wig fibers, such as wig spray .
12. When spraying your wig, lightly mist the entire wig. Start at the back and spray forward, keeping the spray 12 inches away from your head.
13. When wearing a straight wig, it is essential to check that your wig is "heat safe" before using any heated styling products like straighteners.
14. Work on the hair from the bottom up. Divide the wig into sections and carefully comb the lower part of the hair, before straightening the ends. Make sure that the straighteners never reach more than an inch and a half from the root of the wig. Always remember that care products will help extend the life of your wig, and make styling much easier. For human hair wigs, opt for sulphate-free products, or those specially formulated for colour treated hair. At the Virgin Hair Company we’re here to help. Contact us today for tips and advice on choosing the perfect wig for you.